Even today some of us are confused with the procedure for teeth cleaning and teeth whitening. However, this is a very normal confusion among dental patients. The two methods are similar, but serve different purposes. Teeth cleaning revolves around removing tartar and plaque. Teeth whitening is a cosmetic dentistry treatment that eliminates tooth stains and staining. Teeth cleaning works on the oral health of your mouth, and teeth whitening works on the presence of your teeth. In our previous blog, we have explained 5 reasons to visit your cosmetic dentist in Cary NC this summer. Now, let us try to understand the differences between teeth cleaning and teeth whitening treatment.
What is Teeth Cleaning?
The American Dental Association has recommended teeth cleaning twice a year. If you are on the verge of getting tooth decay or have gum disease, plan regular dental cleaning in Cary NC twice a year with your dental specialist. Teeth cleanings are usually performed by your dental hygienist. A dental hygienist is an essential medical service practitioner with special training in dental hygiene. The dental hygienist has the required permits to clean and sparkle your teeth. Regular teeth cleanings are fundamental for your oral well-being and care.
4 Benefits of Regular Dental Cleaning in Cary NC:
- Stops tooth decay which is caused due to the development of plaque and tartar.
- Treats gum infections and keeps it in check from advancing.
- Removes chronic bad breath (halitosis).
- Helps to detect serious dental issues like tooth decay, infections, gum infections, and malignant oral growth.
What is Teeth Whitening?
Teeth whitening in Cary NC offers no oral medical advantages, yet it can work on your building confidence and self-assurance. So, stains on the tooth don't connote medical issues except if the stains are a consequence of plaque and tartar development. Patients can have their teeth whitening or can use over-the-counter products to accomplish the results. However, teeth whitening which is done at your dental clinic by a cosmetic dentist is the most secure and the best choice.
3 Reasons You Need Teeth Whitening in Cary NC:
- If you have a bad feeling about the look of your teeth because it is stained. You find it difficult to smile and don’t feel like socialising.
- If you have used over-the-counter whitening products and have not seen the results.
- If you have to attend an event or an occasion and you want to look and feel your best.
Visit your cosmetic dentist in Cary NC, to do a teeth whitening.
Now that you have understood the differences between the two oral procedures make sure to get your teeth cleaned at regular intervals and teeth whitening from cosmetic dentistry in Cary NC if you need to. Pezdek Dental Care is one of the best dental clinics in Apex, NC. Get in touch with Dr. Tom Pezdek and plan your dental procedure schedules. Call us at 919-362-5777 to arrange an appointment immediately.
Thomas N. Pezdek, DDS PA
412-D East Williams St.
Apex, NC 27502
Mon - Thu: 7:30 AM - 4:30 PM